dream ~ inspire ~ create ~ bloom

a blog designed to inspire the creative spirit in all of us.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

inspiration

What inspires you? Sometimes, inspiration comes to me in small bites. It may be a sweater at a thrift shop or a piece of broken jewelry. When I come upon random items such as these I feel a little spark of creativity and inspiration ignite. Usually I put the item in my cart to consider a while longer before I purchase it ~ but I am already thinking about how I will incorporate it into a new creation. If the price is right, I go ahead and buy it ~ too many times I've gone back to the same store only to discover that the unique piece of inspiration had been "snatched up" by somebody else. The moral of this is: if it speaks that loudly to you go ahead and get it ~ even if you are not sure what you want to do with it. Inspiration is like a muscle: use or lose it. Learn to recognize your creative voice:  from the faint whisper (or even loud ~ be still my heart from beating so loud and nearly jumping out of my chest) ~ saying you can make something awesome out of this.  Look around and see the inspiration all around you ~ just waiting for you to notice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment